For those of you who are not familiar with Joylene’s Blog you may want to check it out. There’s some pretty nifty things going on over there. (Did I just say nifty?) Joylene’s novel, Broken But Not Dead, is due to be released by Theytus Books in July 2011 so keep your eyes peeled for it when the time comes.
Of course this award does not come without certain conditions, which seems to be the general theme with most blog award, I’ve noted. Usually these rules get changed but for some unknown reason I actually followed them this time.
For those of you sitting on the edge of your seats asking what the heck are the rules?…Here they are:
Drum roll please………..
1. Thank the one who gave me this award.
2. Share seven things about myself.
3. Present this honour onto 15 newly discovered bloggers.
4. Drop by and let my fifteen new friends know I love them.
Sounds pretty simple. Doesn’t it? So, thanks Joylene for sending this award my way. You know I love your blog! I told you I wasn’t sure if I follow fifteen blog, but I guess I was wrong.
Hmm seven things about myself—without being too revealing are:
1.I’ve been married for 32 years, have two daughters, a son and now, a beautiful granddaughter!. (All this and I’m still only 39 years old! How did she manage you might ask?)
2. I have not travelled any further from home than a six hour car drive to Fredericton many years ago when my daughter attended UNB.
3. I don’t like driving and didn’t get my license until I was 25. I much prefer sitting on the passenger’s side.
4. I can’t type. (No kidding you say!) Anyone following this blog may have already figured that one out. I’m of the “hunt and peck” variety. I often peck the wrong keys.
5. Until recently, I have never shared a WIP with anyone other than my editor. No one read Bitter, Sweet until it was made into a book.
6. I have watched Mary Poppins a gazillion times. (Thanks kids. I owe you one!)
7. I love to sing. There isn’t a day goes by that I don’t break into song at least a couple of times. Luckily , for those around me, I CAN carry a tune.
Here are the fifteen bloggers I have chosen for the award.
2. Ann Lynn
6. Gayle Sharpe
10. The Wright Words
12. Melanie Crouse
13. Shakti Mama
14. Shari Green
Whew! I made it. There are a few blogs that I have recently discovered, a few others that I have been following for awhile. Since I’ve given out awards before I picked on tried to choose some totally new ones. Some of these bloggers are new moms, and do well to blog let alone doing all the things required of one receiving this award. So you’re off the hook on this one. And that goes to anyone else who would rather just bask in the glory of this award without passing it on. The choice is up to you. But know that I read your blogs and like what they have to offer.
Well that’s about it for the day. I hope you’ll check out some of these terrific sites when you have the time.