You might remember me mentioning that I don’t make lists. Okay, so once in a dog’s age I’ll scribble a few lame lines down on paper and call it good. I’ll admit, it’s been helpful in the past, but I quickly lose interest.
But guess what? Just to show the exciting life of a writer, I decided to make a list of things I hope to accomplish this weekend. Must be the mood I’m in.
1. Have a beer. (I shouldn’t need to put this on the list to remember, but it seemed important after the week I had.)
2. Make a potato salad and hamburger dish for the church’s annual strawberry supper. Mmmmm
3. Have God smile on me while I’m making the strawberry shortcakes for said church supper. I mean volunteer work is good for us all, right? Just call me the strawberry lady.
4.Weed my flower garden. My flowers are crying out for attention. The day they invent weedless gardens is the day I dance naked in the rain.. (Naked in the rain? Where the heck did that come from?)
5.Work on edits for a story I wrote long ago but stopped submitting. (Edits are going quite well, thank you for asking..Yes folks, I know exactly where I’m going with these edits and it feels most excellent.)
6. Read. I’m presently reading a YA book,” Greener Grass.”
7. Housework.Okay, so I threw that one in as a joke..
8. Try *cough* and get caught up on reading all your blogs, or as many as I can..
So there you go. I decided to stop my list at eight because everyone seems to list things to five or ten. I wanted to be different.
Lastly, I’ll leave you with a photo of my honeysuckle vine. It’s gorgeous this year.
What are your weekend plans?