I love inspirational quotes. Don’t you? They’re so…so..inspiring. Here are a few inspirational quotes I wanted to share with all the writers out there. I hope they give you something to think about.
1. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. – Marianne Williamson
2. The muse whispers to you when she chooses, and you can’t tell her to come back later, because you quickly learn in this business that she might not come back at all.
– Terry Brooks
3. Your biggest problem is yourself. Getting out of the way and letting your imagination take over is the best way. – Terry Brooks
4. My books are water; those of the great geniuses are wine. Everybody drinks water. – Mark Twain
5. What I like in a good author isn’t what he says, but what he whispers. – Logan Pearsall Smith
6. The main rule of writing is that, if you do it with enough assurance and confidence, you’re allowed to do whatever you like. (That may be a rule for life as well as for writing. But it’s definitely true for writing.) – Neil Gaiman
7. Read, read, read. Read everything-trash, classics, good and bad, and see how they do it. Just like a carpenter who works as an apprentice and studies the most. Read! You’ll absorb it. Then write. If it is good, you’ll find out. If it’s not, throw it out the window. – William Faulkner
8. All writers are crazy. So never mind what the editors and your family and your critique group tells you. Submit your manuscripts and keep submitting until you get an offer. Then you can be crazy, with a paycheck. – MaryJanice Davidson
9. If you do not hear music in your words, you have put too much thought into your writing and not enough heart. – Terry Brooks
10. Create a character who is both proactive and sympathetic, someone with a hole in her life, but who is willing to risk all for her goal. When readers care, you can get away with almost anything. – Bonnie Hearn Hill
Enjoy your weekend!