I’m about to do something I haven’t done before. I’m calling it quits, giving it a rest, taking a little me time, in the summertime. Time for some fun time, in the sun time, working time, writing time, family time, precious time.
This break from blogging has been something I’ve been thinking about for some time. To those of you who faithfully check in, I love you all heaps! Your comments often help brighten my day. You’re all so witty and smart and I love it when you make me laugh.
Not sure how long this will be. Could be a few weeks, could be longer. Just know I’ve got some serious writing I want to get done, and I need to focus on that. Feel free to follow along on my Facebook author page if you wish. Just hit the “like” button to the right, and if I have any writing news to share you’ll be the first to know.
I’ll leave you with this quote I shared on facebook a few months back.
Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.~~ Carl Sandburg
Posted by Laura Best on July 11, 2012
You might remember me mentioning that I don’t make lists. Okay, so once in a dog’s age I’ll scribble a few lame lines down on paper and call it good. I’ll admit, it’s been helpful in the past, but I quickly lose interest.
But guess what? Just to show the exciting life of a writer, I decided to make a list of things I hope to accomplish this weekend. Must be the mood I’m in.
1. Have a beer. (I shouldn’t need to put this on the list to remember, but it seemed important after the week I had.)
2. Make a potato salad and hamburger dish for the church’s annual strawberry supper. Mmmmm
3. Have God smile on me while I’m making the strawberry shortcakes for said church supper. I mean volunteer work is good for us all, right? Just call me the strawberry lady.
4.Weed my flower garden. My flowers are crying out for attention. The day they invent weedless gardens is the day I dance naked in the rain.. (Naked in the rain? Where the heck did that come from?)
5.Work on edits for a story I wrote long ago but stopped submitting. (Edits are going quite well, thank you for asking..Yes folks, I know exactly where I’m going with these edits and it feels most excellent.)
6. Read. I’m presently reading a YA book,” Greener Grass.”
7. Housework.Okay, so I threw that one in as a joke..
8. Try *cough* and get caught up on reading all your blogs, or as many as I can..
So there you go. I decided to stop my list at eight because everyone seems to list things to five or ten. I wanted to be different.
Lastly, I’ll leave you with a photo of my honeysuckle vine. It’s gorgeous this year.
What are your weekend plans?
Posted by Laura Best on July 6, 2012